Pages

Monday, May 14, 2012

This week in science #9

The male skate is on the left and the female is on the right.
      This week in science we did a lot. For example, we observed and dissected animals. I happened to get a skate. We had to verify if our skate was a male or female. Ours was a male but we dissected a female skate. When we cut the animal open we had to take out parts like the liver and stomach. After that we had to take pictures of the organs and dissected animal and label them. Then we had to answers questions about the skate ad the experience we had dissecting it.                                                                                         This week in science I've learned man things. For example, I learned that the skate is related to sharks and sting rays. I also learned that you can identify a skate by the shape of its head. The male skate has a more defined head than the female. Another thing I learned is how to dissect animals. I also learned how o use a scalpel.            

No comments:

Post a Comment