Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Classification Challenge



Kingdom:Animalia (Means it's an animal)
Phylum:Chordata (Means It has a backbone)
Class:Mammalia (Means nurses it's young)
Order:Chiroptera (Whose forelimbs form webbed wings)
Family:Vespertilionidae (The majority of common bats of temperate regions of the world)
Genus:Myotis (A Genus is the hierarchal point in the scientific system for grouping related organisms together)
Species:M. lucifugus (One of the basic units in biological classification)
 My animal is not similar to any animals in my group. In my group there is a squid and a turtle. However my animal is very different from the animals in my group. My animals order is the chiroptera, which means its forelimbs are webbed together. That is a trait my animal only has. My animal is also a mammal unlike any other animal in my group. That is all the differences my animal has.

1 comment:

  1. I liked your picture because it shows the details of the bat like the teeth.

    ReplyDelete